Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Locked Out.

Sooo...Oliver and I walked to the Post Office today to get some fresh air and mail some Christmas packages and when we returned I realized I had locked us out of the building! (Wrong keys.) Luckily our neighbor was entering at the same time to let us in but we still couldn't get into the unit. I called Craig , who was (thankfully) just finishing up with a client and on his way home, but we still had about 45 mins. to kill. ARGH!! Bubbling with frustration and on the verge of tears I had to pull it together for my little guy. So we walked around...looked out the window...the usual stuff then decided to sit down. Out of nowhere I made up a game, I'm guessing this skill was aquired the day he was born, and it went like this....picture Oliver on my knees and bouncing " Trot, trot, trot ~ Trot, trot, trot ~ Canter..." and then "Giddy-Up!" we started Galloping away! His little self was bouncing all over the place! Well! His precious face lit up like I have never seen with a great big smile and the he let out his first real, intentional giggle!! It was the one of the happiest 10 minutes of my life! Long story short...I did something really dumb that led to one of my favorite memories.....ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

COWBOY SMALL !!!!