Thursday, April 26, 2007

Chiropractic Miracle.

A few days into our Floridian escape I woke up with a little something called Spasmodic Torticollis. What the H-E- Double Hockey sticks is that you say? In short it is a extremely painful stuck neck. (http://www.torticollis.org ...for the curious) Basically I couldn't lift my head more that an inch from my chest and I was permanently looking to the left. Thankfully my mom knew a chiropractor in West Palm Beach and he took me right away...well, I sat still until Oliver finished his nap...then we went in (little stands in between Oliver and a nap if I can help it). After 2 hours he was able to make my tears stop and my head lift slightly. Anywho... on my second visit he suggested that Oliver get an adjustment which could help him with his sleep issue...which would lessen my stress level...which would prevent me from getting all twisted up again. After coming to terms with the fact that he wasn't joking I decided to give it a go.
So there he swung...I had my doubts...but at this point I will try anything! Well! It was a MIRACLE INDEED! Oliver slept until 5:30 AM which may be early to some but that was the longest stretch he ever slept! 10 hours...He performed this trick for the remainder of the trip...6 whole nights!
It has been a little hectic since our return so unfortunately we have had different results in the Northeast. Looks like I'll be scouting out an infant chiropractor...


P.S. One thing I forgot to mention that the Dr. mentioned to me was DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME. There was a little more to it than swinging your kid around from his (or her) ankles....so don't get crazy. Thank you for listening.

No comments: